Tuesday 31 January 2017

down the hatch!

Going back to my post of the 22nd, in which I was using my new colourful sheep design and completely ruined a joke which relied on a fairisle jumper being very obvious.

I've tried my new sheep design in black and white, using a little hatching. It's something I want to be better at. I keep revisiting this particular file and having another go at the shading. Here's the current version, it's not looking too bad, and I think it solves the aforementioned problem.

I like the sheep as line drawings, it's something I might do again. Could be useful when it's snowing!

1 comment :

  1. I have a good tip for hatching if you are interested.... the problem (especially with small areas) is trying to keep the hatching parallel.

    Hatch on a different layer (I bet you do already) and make the lines too long. To solve the parallel problem you can always copy and past the lines down but it's easier if the line's longer anyway.

    Then erase what you don't need.

    ReplyDelete