Thursday 3 November 2016

Rainbow poop

The lastest Yvonne was inspired by seeing some messy berry-coloured bird-poop splattered around the place. The thought of it coming out of our birds like stripey toothpaste amused me!

My initial sketch had a single square frame divided diagonally. (I still feel an urge to fit each into a single square frame if I can because that was my original vision for this cartoon) But there's something to be gained from seeing the first frame and taking that in, before scrolling down and seeing the 'reveal'.

Drawing trees / hedges bearing fruit using the very simple style I've established was the hard part and It certainly could be better.

3 comments :

  1. I have acrobatic birds who somehow manage to deposit their colorful deposits on our windows.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, yes...but horizontally ? :D

    ReplyDelete