Saturday 19 December 2015

iPad Pro

I had a trip into Derby today to pick up some DIY bits and the odd christmas present.

While I was in PCWorld I wandered over to the Apple section and had a play with the new iPad Pro.

First impressions are, it's huge, and swiping between Apps was fast and smooth. It had a few drawing Apps installed, but with no "pencil" I couldn't get an idea what it would be like for drawing. Yes, I know I can watch Apple's videos but that's not the point, if I'm thinking of spending that much I want to try it.

Seems odd that lots of places have the new iPad in stock, but nobody has the apple pencil right now. Even the Apple online store says dispatch 4-5 weeks, and that seems like a serious blunder to me.

It's a similar story for the Smart Keyboard, with a 3-4 weeks waiting time. So for a device that's supposed to start to bridge the gap between mobile and laptops it seems like they've dropped the ball. Mind you,.. £140 for a keyboard?!!!!

2 comments :

  1. It's been a long time since they announced the pencil. Have they sold out after underestimating demand, or does no-one have one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems they just had very limit stock..

    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/619171/iPad-Pro-Apple-Pencil-Stylus-Keyboard-UK-Stock-Delay

    I'll look again in the new year.

    ReplyDelete